PICO-LED Drill Templates
A drill template for the PICO1TR-LED-L is available. The template
is designed to provide a center mark for all mounting holes, control
components and indicators. The center is indicated by a gap between
An easy way to drill multiple wood panels is to gang together the
panels and drill them all at the same time on a drill press. I mill
each panel to between 1/4" and 3/8", band them together and then drill
the group. To prevent blow-out of the bottom panel place a
To use the template to drill a wood panel --
- Print out the postscript file containing the template.
- Verify the print is 1:1 using the board measurements.
- Tape the template to a block of wood.
- Use a push-pin to mark the center of each hole.
- Drill the hole to the desired dimension. The diameters
indicated on the print are ≈ 10mils larger than the nominal
dimension of the component.
The First Case
The prototype case was milled from a two-inch glue-up consisting
of a 3/8" maple top and a 1 5/8" oak bottom. A cavity was milled
in the bottom of the block to accept a PICO1TR
There are 64 LED holes, four mounting holes and one hole for the